If you want to know how to write the year 2018 in Roman numerals, it's pretty easy. Here's what you need to do:
- Step 1: Find the Roman number with the highest value that is less than or the same as 2018. M, which stands for 1000, is the highest Roman number that is less than or equal to 2018.
- Step 2: Write the Roman number for 1000. (M). Since 1000 is written with the letter M, we can start by writing the letter M.
- Step 3: Find the next highest Roman number that is less than the number you have left. To find the next highest Roman number, we have to take 1000 away from 2018. 2018 - 1000 = 1018 CM, which stands for 900, is the highest Roman number that is less than 1018.
- Step 4: Write 900 in Roman numerals (CM). After the M we wrote in step 2, we can write CM, which means 900.
- Step 5: Do steps 3 and 4 again for the rest of the numbers. To find the rest of the Roman numerals, we do steps 3 and 4 again for each of the remaining numbers. When we take 900 away from 1018, we get: 1018 - 900 = 118
CX, which means 110, is the highest Roman number that is less than 118.
After the CM we wrote in step 4, we can write CX, which means 110.
When we take 110 away from 118, we get:
118 - 110 = 8
The Roman number VIII, which means 8, is the highest number that is less than 8.
After the CX we wrote in the last step, we can write VIII, which stands for 8.
So, in Roman numerals, the year 2018 is written as MMXVIII.
In conclusion, converting a number like 2018 to Roman numerals may seem hard at first, but it's quick and easy if you follow a few simple steps. You can confidently convert any number to its Roman numeral equivalent if you know the highest Roman numeral values and write them in order.