Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programs in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, AYP/PMTCT/ Paediatrics
Ref No: sfh-36741
Locations: Gombe and Kwara
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: Fixed Term
- The Technical Officer for AYP/PMTCT/Paediatrics will provide technical expertise and support in the implementation, and monitoring of HIV/AIDS interventions targeted at adolescents and young people, positive pregnant persons and paediatrics
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following functions:
Program Development and Planning:
- Contribute to the development of strategies and action plans specifically tailored for AYP/PMTCT/Pediatrics in HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care.
- Assist in the adaptation of evidence-based interventions suitable for diverse adolescent and young populations.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise on adolescent and youth-friendly services related to HIV/AIDS prevention, testing, treatment, and care.
- Ensure that interventions align with current best practices and global guidelines in AYP/PMTCT/Pediatrics HIV/AIDS programming.
Capacity Building and Training:
- Conduct training sessions for staff and partners on AYP/PMTCT/Pediatrics-centered approaches in HIV/AIDS programming.
- Mentor and coach CBOs on strategies to deploy for AYP/PMTCT/Pediatrics implementation.
- Support the development and implementation of training materials for healthcare providers and community workers focusing on the unique needs of AYP/PMTCT/Pediatrics
Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting:
- Develop monitoring tools and indicators to track activities/interventions targeting AYP/PMTCT/Pediatrics
- Collect and analyze data, prepare reports, and contribute to program evaluation to inform decision-making and improve program outcomes.
Coordination and Collaboration:
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including government agencies, community-based organizations, and youth groups, to ensure effective coordination and implementation of HIV/AIDS interventions.
- Represent the organization in relevant meetings, workshops, and conferences related to AYP/PMTCT/Pediatrics HIV/AIDS programming.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Medicine, Social Science, Public Health or other related fields.
- 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, and monitoring HIV/AIDS programs, with a focus on adolescents and young people.
Skills and competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of AYP/PMTCT/Pediatrics issues related to HIV/AIDS, including prevention, treatment, and care.
- Strong understanding of gender-responsive and rights-based approaches in adolescent health programming.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online