The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanic
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 3-year renewable Contract
- Check mechanical problems on motorcycles, tricycles, generating set, brush cutter and mower, and proffer possible solutions.
- Plan work and test procedures using charts, experience, and other organizational methods.
- Repair and replace worn, old or defective parts of motorcycles, tricycles, petrol generating set, brush cutter and mower.
- Perform overhauling of two and four stroke engines.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- O’level with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good knowledge of mechanical operations.
- Be ready to work outside normal hours.
- Be a good team player.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online