The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Quality and Environment Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
About The Position
- The Quality and Environment Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager and indirectly to the Country QSE Manager and has the overall responsibility for the effective implementation and management of Quality, Food Safety, and environment processes, programs, and initiatives in the entire Plant Supply Chain operation, leading all Continuous improvement drives to sustain same in compliance to applicable CCH, TCCC, Local and International regulations and standards.
- Supervise and drive all Quality Improvement initiatives and measures to achieve effective operations of all bottling equipment that could have a negative impact on product quality and ensure the proper functioning of all laboratory equipment, water treatment plant, syrup mixing and effluent treatment plant, all in compliance to applicable CCH, TCCC, Local and International regulations and standards.
- Ensure the Housekeeping /Hygiene of infrastructure and work environment within the manufacturing and total plant operating area.
- Ensure implementation of Consumer complaints reduction programs and initiatives.
- Handle Consumer Complaints in a proactive and efficient manner that ensures the complainant’s satisfaction
- Champion and coordinate the full implementation of Food Safety Management System in the facility.
- Provide leadership for and facilitate the formalization of plants’ manufacturing / operational processes.
- Ensure effective implementation of Pest control of the total plant including associated storage facilities.
- Ensure full implementation of HACCP and microbiological monitoring programs within the manufacturing function.
- Lead all audits (certification, surveillance, or re-certifications)
- Lead sessions for Root Cause Analysis ( RCA) and development of Corrective and Preventive Action Plans ( CAPs) for all non-conformances observed during internal and external audits and Regulatory inspections
- Create awareness of OHS among associates and training them on OHS requirements
- Ensure compliance with Good Housekeeping Standards
- Ensure plant operations are in compliance with all local and TCCC requirements on the Environmental Management System set to preserve and protect the operating environment through effective, effluent management & discharge, solid waste management and disposal, hazardous energy control and environmental metrics collation.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Food Science and Technology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Environmental Management Sciences or Engineering, Biochemistry or related disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree or such higher qualification in any of the above fields is an added advantage
- Experience in compliance and audit management systems in food industry
- Ability to work with quality data analysis with sharp attention to detail
- Knowledge of Coca-Cola Hellenic QSE policies, CSR policies and processes
- Lead Auditor qualifications for ISO 9001, FSSC 22000, OHSAS 18000/ ISO 45000, ISO 14001
- Good knowledge of CSR & QSE and stakeholder management ( internal/external)
- Excellent Technical knowledge of Carbonated Soft Drinks and associated beverage products (Manufacturing, Handling and Storage requirements)
- Operational experience in QSE area (Knowledge of Food Safety, Food Engineering, Packaging, Microbiology, and Chemistry principles, EOSH Principals, KORE)
- Good and fundamental understanding of the Bottling and packaging process/production process, including Water Treatment and Effluent Waste management.
- Good knowledge of Local and International Food Regulations (CODEX, NAFDAC, SON, FCCPC).
Are These Your Secret Ingredients?
- Passion for Quality and Food Safety
- Strong integrity and right values
- Passion for leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills
- Passion for self and team development
- Excellent planning and execution skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Situational adaptability
- Excellent Customer focus
- Good Stakeholder management skills
- Excellent attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online