The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Analyst
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 3-year renewable Contract
- Carry out quality control and comprehensive physical, chemical and microbiological analysis of raw water, potable water, swimming pool water, and sewage water at water treatment plant.
- Carry out Jar test to assist the operators in determining the appropriate chemical dosage of raw water.
- Initiate purchase of laboratory equipment and reagents.
- Team up with operators to carry out the operation of the plants.
- Generate laboratory reports on daily, weekly and, monthly basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Science Laboratory Technology or related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good knowledge of laboratory analysis of water, water treatment plant, swimming pool, and Sewage system.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online