The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Travel Administrative Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full Time
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
- Perform administrative/secretarial function as required and prompt.
- Attend to all incoming E-mail messages in the Unit.
- Coordinate the shuttle services od daily basis to and from Lagos.
- Compile and update the weekly/daily transportation and accommodation list for Travel Services Manager’s review.
- Circulate list and liaise with FMS Pool, Abuja Station Administrative Officer for efficient pick-up arrangement.
- Arrange airport pick-ups and other protocol related services for Scientist, families, Board of Trustee member, visitors, conference/workshops participant travelling on international and local routes.
- Prepare IITA ticket service charges of weekly basis.
- Assist the Travel Officer in all matters relating to ticketing and reservations.
- Coordinate administrative activities in Ibadan and relate with IGH-Lagos Administrative Officer.
- Follow up on IGH bills and ensure payment are made promptly.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- National Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role in a well structured environment. Possession of Air Travel Certificate is an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have understanding of administrative and travels function.
- Have good communication skill (written and oral).
- We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online