The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Logistics and Technology Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
Specific iPad and VLE responsibilities:
- Setting up of all new iPads before issuing to staff or students
- Recording details of all iPads in school and periodically checking their status
- Managing updates of software and operating systems as necessary
- Supporting teachers in the use of iPads in classrooms (charging/rebooting etc)
- Monitoring updates on the VLE and making the Head/21st Century Learning Coordinator/PYP Coordinator aware of important changes.
- Downloading completed Unit plans and storing hard copies for necessary use during IB visits
- Updating staff and student details on the VLE as necessary
Electronic and ICT Equipment Responsibilities:
- Operating school reprographic equipment.
- Setting-up and operating school audio-visual equipment: sound system, projector etc.
- Monitoring the use of school computer equipment and liaising with ICT/FMS/Electronics regarding repairs.
Website and Social Media:
- Photography of school activities suitable for the school website and social media.
- Updating the school website photos on a monthly basis
- Reviewing school website content and advising Head on necessary updates.
- Updating school social media on a weekly basis (eg. LinkedIn/Facebook/Instagram etc.)
- Compiling the school newsletter and managing distribution.
Collegiate Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Understand and live the school’s mission.
- Contribute positively to staff morale.
- Work as a team player.
- Maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, line managers, and administrators.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, parents, and staff.
- Take part in all training provided by the school, both internal and external.
- Be prepared to report back about training and/or provide in-service to colleagues.
- Actively participate in Appraisal Procedures.
- Represent the school by being a good role model.
- Model the qualities of the IB learner profile and attitudes and be an active member of the learning community.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Computer Science or related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in an international school approved by an international schools’ association or body (e.g IBO, CIE, AISEN, COBIS, COIS, AISA).
The ideal candidate must:
- Have understanding of international education.
- Have high standard of written and spoken English.
- Have experience in managing stock systems.
- Have experience working with electrical equipment.
- Have experience of simple maintenance tasks.
- Have the ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills).
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online