The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Contract: 1-year renewable Contract
- Oversee day-to-day management and implementation of the YAS project activities in close collaboration with other staff and project partners.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the YAS project in Nigeria toward achieving the project goals, objectives, expected output, and outcomes as contained in the project agreement
- Support the development of young Agripreneurs through demonstration and training in close collaboration with all project actors, especially with the training Coordinator and the Agrihub Managers.
- Represent and promote the project’s activities, results, impacts, and outcomes at professional, donor and other stakeholders’ meetings.
- Ensure that quarterly and annual consolidated technical and financial reports for the project are prepared and submitted to the donor on schedule and as contained in the project agreement.
- Ensure all financial transactions are carried out in accordance with the donor’s requirement and aligned to activities as contained in the AWPB
- Provide oversight and guidance to hub managers and PMU on all matters pertaining to the smooth operation of the project in accordance with the implementation arrangements.
- Keep abreast of contemporary issues in development across project locations, and submit studies and surveys relevant to the upscaling and replication of the project.
- In collaboration with the relevant recruitment unit, contribute to the recruitment and engagement of project staff, consultants, and service providers in accordance with the stipulated standard of Annual Work Plans and Budgets (AWPBs).
- Prepare project progress reports and provide updates to project stakeholders as needed.
- Conduct regular site visits to monitor project progress and identify areas of improvement.
- Perform any other job-related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Agricultural Science, Agricultural Extension, Rural Development or related field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
- Experience in clonal breeding program and on-farm testing will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be competent in farmer participatory activities/evaluation
- Have ability to communicate effectively with partners and farmers.
- Have ability to work under pressure and deliver quality job.
- Have excellent team work capability.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online