Project HOPE Nigeria (otherwise referred to People-to-People Health Foundation Nigeria) is a registered non-profit, non-governmental organization working in Nigeria in areas of HIV & AIDS, Tuberculosis, OVC, RMNCAH & Malaria intervention services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security, Administrative and Logistics Officer, Global Health
Ref No: req1237
- The People-to-People Health Foundation, Nigeria (PPHFN) is currently seeking a Security, Administrative and Logistics Officer to support the Niger State Group Antenatal Care Deployment to address the critical gaps in access to ANC in Nigeria.
- The goal of this TA deployment is to improve the quality of RMNCH services by supporting the government’s strategic goal of increasing ANC coverage in the targeted LGAs in Niger state and generate an evidence-base to support other states to adopt G-ANC.
- This new business model for Antenatal Care will help achieve Nigeria’s development objective of a healthier, more educated population in targeted states through utilization of quality health services in target areas and population groups.
Human Resources Management:
- Work with the Senior Program Officer on all HR related issues.
- Coordinate proper documentation of staff personnel files inclusive of contracts, leave records and other paperwork required for employment in local context.
- Collaborate with Program/Technical staff to ensure that appropriate care and training are being conducted and to offer support to field staff.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff.
- Assist with recruitment, retention (leave administration, contract renewal, etc.), promotion and departure of staff; ensure all personnel files and HR related files are maintained and updated to include all information.
- Follow established Human Resources practices and policies in accordance with the Organization’s regulations and procedures.
- Ensures and follow-up all maintenance and/or repair needs on properties like; Office furniture, Office equipment, Machineries, Electric line & bulbs, Telephone line and apparatuses…etc.) to ensure all operations are in working order.
- Ensure regularly the functionality of fire extinguisher, first aid kits, electric, water and telephone systems.
- Ensure availability of sufficient office supplies for office use.
- Ensure staffs are provided clear guidance to them based on the Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure proper vendor management and/or communication (Eg. Rental companies, Taxi, Security and Cleaning services.. etc).
- Review all payment requests for, vehicle rent, taxi service, security and cleaning services t, suppliers, etc. and make sure bills are timely settled.
- Ensures the office generator is regularly maintained and makes follow up on generator fuel refilling & reserve fuel is available for generator all the time and ensures the efficiency of the office generator.
- Providing general administration support to operations section.
- Develop and implement logistics and transportation procedures in conjunction with the Senior Program Officer and Finance Manager.
- Arrange taxi for visitors and staff.
- Support staff with logistics requirements for trainings, courses and workshops and other program needs.
- Oversee proper management of office consumables.
- Approve Goods Receiving Note and Store Requisition.
- Expedite temporary storage facilitation when the need arises.
- Maintain an information system that provides accountability for inventory management, replacement, distribution and complies with donor and organizational requirements.
- Facilitating annual inventor for fixed asset and stock items and working closely with the regional and seconded staff on the fixed asset status.
- Work with Senior Program Officer ensure security operations and systems are implemented and followed.
- Assist in the selection of vehicles for long and short term rental contracts and work as a procurement committee member.
- Comply with operational procedures in all activities, including procurement and security guidelines.
- Responsible for preparing monthly activity, fuel consumption & expenditure report of field rental vehicles and presenting these to supervisor every month.
- Ensure that log sheets for field rental vehicles are strictly recorded and properly signed and submitted to the logistics unit each month and properly documented.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date electronic register of fleet tracking for field rental vehicles.
- Produces vehicle utilization report on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Ensures that all field rental vehicles are clean, regularly serviced and maintained as per schedules.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Serve as the security focal person on the project.
- Adhere to all security instructions provided.
- Brief staff on security situations as necessary.
- Maintain frequent communication with Program Director and all Program Staff to ensure HR and administrative activities and objectives are communicated.
- Work with direct line manager, senior management, and field teams to ensure the coordination of programs are within budgeted targets.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration and/or in a relevant field of study.
- Prior HR training/experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a non-profit organization or equivalent experience, training, and education.
- Extensive experience in the administrative and financial management of overseas programs at the management level.
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge and working experience with BMGF, USAID, World Bank, EU, DfID and other donors preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing procurement and logistical procedures and policies.
Other Essential Requirements:
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Project HOPE and among beneficiaries served by Project HOPE.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Project HOPE.
- As applicable to the position, maintain a clear understanding of Project HOPE’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards.
- Conduct work with the highest level of integrity.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to read, writes, analyze, and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, senior government and rebel leaders and other related regional players.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project HOPE employees work in the global health field and may be required to travel or work in countries where working conditions are classified as “hardship”.
- Travel for extended periods by air and other modes of transportation.
- Must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment and must be able to communicate in verbal and written form.
- Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online