Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states). We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Type: Full Time
- This job role manages legal risk relative to litigation and dispute resolution to limit corporate exposure.
- Supports in the formulation and implementation of litigation strategy and policies.
- Advises the organization on legal matters including any civil, criminal, regulatory, or labor laws that may affect IBEDC activities or employees.
- Participates in the review of organizational policy as may be referred to it.
- Makes recommendations to the Head of legal on new laws, and regulations to determine their impact on the organization’s activities or employees.
- Acts as the primary liaison with external counsel and ensures effective relationship management.
- Manages litigation and ensures adequate representation is provided.
- Oversees and maintains a database of litigation and dispute resolution.
- Review of Standard Operating Procedures that guide litigation and dispute resolution.
- Liaises with relevant Functions to investigate and resolve internal and external disputes or any breach of internal rules and regulations.
- Prepares periodic and ad-hoc reports to management.
- Performs other sundry assignments as directed by the Head of Legal
- A First Degree in Law i.e. (LLB) and Bachelor of Law (BL).
- A master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Relevant training from mediation and conflict management programs.
- Membership in any of the following professional bodies is required: Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA).
- At least 8 years experience in a legal function and at least 5 years experience providing litigation and dispute resolution services in a top-tier law firm or the utility industry.
- Deep understanding of the laws and regulations governing the power industry
- Deep understanding of Nigerian Company and Industrial/Labour laws
- Deep understanding of corporate laws, securities laws & capital market
- Deep understanding of the relationship between the mediation system and the court system
- Ability to quickly grasp business issues/objectives and provide practical, innovative, and creative solutions
- Broad experience and demonstration of competence in computer software packages including Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Broad experience and demonstration of competence in computer software packages including Microsoft Office (in particular Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong managerial/administrative skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online