MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Business Planning and Performance, Marketing
Job Identification: 3846
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Senior Manager – Business Planning Reporting and Pricing
- To efficiently manage and coordinate business planning, performance reporting, and financial projections for all MTNN commercial and technology investments.
- To manage the MTN budget year process (revenue to gross margin), monthly forecast, and budget variance analysis.
- To manage the performance reporting of the business (Ops Review, Competitive Benchmark Reports, etc.).
- Review the budget process and ensure that quality drivers and assumptions for business plans and the business rules are correctly applied to the process and the forecasting scenarios.
- Assess the MTNN business plan to articulate an understanding of the telecommunications industry as well as future developments to be considered.
- Review MTNN revenue and financial planning models, provide market share estimates based on market data, and develop MTNN three-year revenue and related financial and non-financial projections.
- Review trends in the telecommunications industry and provide insight into issues and events that could be factored into the business planning and reporting process as they affect MTNN operations and services.
- Develop internal and external sources of intelligence on a continuous basis and integrate and manage data and information from diverse sources to guide strategic plans and decision processes within the Marketing Division.
- Develop and maintain a database of records, data, and information that are relevant to the telecommunications industry and useful for the planning and optimization of MTNN business activities.
- Collaborate with other business units in developing business models and frameworks that support business decisions, business planning, and business performance reporting, and assist in developing and reviewing scenarios within the models.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets and requirements, and regular review of their training needs.
- Review the performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- A First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Statistics/Mathematics
- A master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in English.
- 6–13 years’ experience, which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization (budgets and forecasts, business performance reporting, data analytics), with experience in supervising or managing others
- Experience working in a medium- to large organization.
- Experience in hands-on accounting and financial forecasting
- Strong talent for developing conclusions and recommendations from complex sets of data
Application Closing Date
22nd January, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online