Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Coordinator
Job Identification: 4451
Location: Maiduguri Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Team / Programme: MEAL
Job Category: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Contract length: 9 Months
Post Type: National
- The MEAL Coordinator oversees the design and rollout of MEAL systems, adapting and disseminating ECW MEAL guidance to selected organizations.
- The MEAL Coordinator supports timely progress reporting to the MYRP Steering Committee and collaborates with other ECW grantees, including UNICEF and NRC, to ensure understanding and implementation of MEAL Systems and standard indicators.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Collaborate with Education Consortium Partners to implement harmonized monitoring tools and aligned indicators.
- Develop an operational MEAL plan for ECW with Consortium Partners to monitor and document program progress.
- Lead the design/review of the MEAL pack, including key tracking tables and plans, maintaining updated trackers and meeting report requirements.
- Contribute to developing Quality Benchmarks for Consortium activities, guiding monitoring and ensuring timely action plan implementation.
- Review Program data collection tools to ensure that tools provide the required information on program indicators.
- Enhance the use of digital data management within the program, this may include the use of Kobo and CommCare among other programs.
- Conduct routine data quality assessment and continuous quality improvement of the program to ensure program implementation and report quality.
- Coordinate the design of participatory program evaluations and assessments.
- Support program MIS and GIS integration, including mapping and dissemination of reports.
- Implement mobile data collection systems and document lessons learned for improvement.
- With the Consortium Manager, coordinate the development of Terms of Reference for the program evaluations.
- Coordinate the logistics of project evaluations as necessary and ensure data collection, analysis, and write-up are in line with SCI and donor standards as well as set timelines.
- Collaborate with partners to establish and maintain effective Feedback and Response Mechanisms (FRM) following Save the Children’s standards.
- Manage complaints and feedback, track response timeliness, and maintain an updated complaints tracker.
- Strengthen partner organizations’ capacity in Accountability to Affected Communities.
- Foster and develop a culture of learning within the Education Consortium Unit and SCI.
- Implement information-sharing processes among partners to capture positive and negative practices.
- Document lessons on consortium collaboration, innovations, and interventions for stakeholder sharing.
- Identify research opportunities with Consortium Partners and Technical Specialists.
- Facilitate documentation of program results, impact, and best practices, ensuring lessons inform programming and advocacy.
Communication, Coordination and Networking:
- Cultivate collaboration within the Education Consortium, responding to partner inquiries and fostering positive relationships.
- Represent the program in district Education coordination forums, ensuring coordination with government activities.
- Provide routine partner monitoring and guidance, coordinating MEAL Working Group meetings and follow-ups.
Behaviors (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and achieving and role modeling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Set ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, take responsibility for their own personal development, and encourage their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children and engages and motivates others.
- Future-orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members external partners, and supporters.
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
- Degree level qualification in Information Technology, Economics, Statistics or demography, or any related courses.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of four years’ work experience in monitoring and evaluation working experience (preferably in education/protection-related programs with an International NGO).
- A minimum of three years of consortium experience in Education on MEAL will be added value.
- Knowledge and use of various survey methods for monitoring different programs.
- Previous experience working in partnership programs.
- Prior experience establishing and running coordination mechanisms.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Education and Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Sound written and oral presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must. Microsoft Office, especially Word, spreadsheet (Excel, Stata, Power BI, and QGIS applications).
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2023 (04:50 PM).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online